The Peruvian company MultiTop, dedicated to the upholstery, decoration and industrial sector, has launched an application called Multi3D, the first app focused on design and decoration so that consumers can choose furniture and its finishes without leaving home.
This application uses augmented reality technology that allows the customer to choose the type of furniture they want to upholster, select from multiple models, designs and colors of upholstery and have a preview and simulated in their own environment before making the purchase.
SIGHT: Instagram: how to upload your photos and videos from computer or PC
The development of Multi 3D It was carried out by MultiTop in association with the University of Engineering and Technology (UTEC). With this project They applied for the Innovar para Reactivate contest of the National Program for Technological Development and Innovation (ProInnóvate) of the Ministry of Production, obtaining co-financing in the category of Business Innovation projects.
HOW MULTI3D WORKS
- The application is already available on the MultiTop website and for Android devices and will be available soon for iOS.
- This allows you to select step by step, the type of furniture to renovate or design, the environment in which it is located, the size and finally the model most similar to yours or the one you like the most.
- Next, a tapestry style is selected and with the help of the filters, the tone, softness, wash, thickness and texture can be selected.
- The best thing is that you can see how the furniture you have designed fits into your space thanks to augmented reality technology. You only have to scan the QR code if you are in the web version or click on the button “See in my house “ if you are in the mobile or App version.
- Finally, you can choose if you want to buy the finished furniture or just the tapestry and click on the “Add to cart” option.
“It was a great effort, but we are convinced that innovation is the best route to accelerate recovery from the negative impact that the pandemic has had on Peruvian companies. Our approach was centered on understanding the client and their needs and with the help of technology we were able to design an application that merges a virtual simulator and augmented reality into a single platform, ”said Carlos Javier Stapleton, general manager of MultiTop.