Peru is a highly seismic country and prevention drills help the population prevent fatalities from a large earthquake that may occur at any time, which is why Indeci called on millions of Peruvians to participate today, from 8:00 pm, from Simulacro Familiar Multipeligro, which aims to train families in the event of a possible disaster.
Precisely, in the context of the pandemic of the COVID-19This drill will have a different methodology that will not involve evacuation or physical contact, but will involve a responsible focus on everything that families can do at home, especially in the event of a major earthquake or earthquake.
“The only way to face a disaster is to be prepared,” said engineer Miguel Yamasaki Koizumi, preparation director of the National Civil Defense Institute (Indeci) in an interview with the program. Andina to the Day.
“Many have forgotten that we live in a highly seismic country and that we must learn to live with that condition, but in a responsible way, which implies preparation,” he noted.
BEFORE THE DRILL
For this prevention trial, we must have clear guidelines of what we could do.
– Before 8:00 pm: Allot time to check the emergency backpack. Check the expiration date of food, medicine and other items included inside.
– Of not having her, this can be a good opportunity to pack a backpack with all the items that the authorities always suggest as support to survive after an earthquake or earthquake of great magnitude.
– Family tasks: design a family plan for possible disasters, which should include tasks for each member of the family group. This will allow you to know who will open the door, who will take care of the smallest children, the elderly, pets and the emergency backpack, etc.
DURING THE DRILL
– Put into practice what has been agreed: Once the drill has arrived, the family will have to put into practice everything they have planned for this moment. It will serve to rehearse everything that we have proposed, starting with the family plan. It is recommended that during this drill you duck, cover and hold on to avoid losing your balance or that an object may fall on top of people and cause them harm, as if a real event were occurring.
– Escape routes: If evacuating the apartment or house where you live is in your family plan, this will be the ideal time to test the route you have established to get out. In the test you will find out if it works or not it is the most recommended.
– Have emergency numbers on hand: The country has a free and secure telephone service to send voice messages during disasters, which is line 119.
“It is very simple. Dial 119, option 1 and the preset number in the family, which will be the mailbox where the messages will be deposited. Another family member will dial 119, option 2 and the number preset by the family and must listen to the message that the other family member left. Let’s practice and leave a message, ”said the expert.
AFTER THE DRILL
Because this year the Simulacro Multipeligro It will not involve the mobilization of people, this national exercise will be measured through surveys that will be disseminated through Indeci’s social networks (Twitter and Facebook).
“Before, through the reports of the municipalities, of the local governments, we received what the response of the population was like. Now we are turning to social networks and that is why we ask the population to respond to the surveys after the drill. If they participated, how they did it. This information will be of great use to us to provide feedback on our processes “Yamasaki noted.
The slogan of the drill will be “earthquakes and other dangers do not understand a pandemic, that is why we must all be prepared” and will be held within the framework of the “International Day for Disaster Risk Reduction”, promoted by the General Assembly of Nations United.